It's scary to think that Halloween is already over and retailers are preparing for the busy holiday shopping season. Shoppers will soon be frantically looking for the perfect items to send out to family and friends.
Here are some dates to keep in mind if you want to be sure your cards, letters, and packages arrive in time for the special day. The dates to send items to Air/Army Post Offices (APO), Fleet Post Offices (FPO) and Diplomatic Post Offices (DPO) will be here before you know it.
Here is a list of recommend shipping and mailing dates for items to arrive before December 25th:
- Nov. 6 - APO/FPO/DPO (all ZIP Codes) USPS Retail Ground®
- Dec. 4 - APO/FPO/DPO (ZIP Code 093 only) Priority Mail®and First-Class Mail®
- Dec. 11 - APO/FPO/DPO (all other ZIP Codes) Priority Mail and First-Class Mail
- Dec. 14 - USPS Retail Ground
- Dec. 18 - APO/FPO/DPO (except ZIP Code 093) USPS Priority Mail Express®
- Dec. 20 - First-Class Mail (including greeting cards)
- Dec. 20 - First-class packages (up to 15.99 ounces)
- Dec. 20 - Hawaii/Alaska to mainland Priority Mail and First-Class Mail
- Dec. 20 - Priority Mail
- Dec. 22 - Hawaii/Alaska to mainland Priority Mail Express
- Dec. 22 - Priority Mail Express
These dates are estimated for delivery before December 25. Actual delivery date may vary depending on the origin, destination, Post Office acceptance date and time and other conditions.